Wednesday, April 29, 2009

life with Julian

He is a sweet, little guy. So far he spends all his time eating and sleeping, lots of eating! I'm thinking that weight gain won't be a problem for Julian... The third child was been no problem, it's always the other ones that can be interesting. Madeline is in love with her little brother, she pesters me nonstop to hold him. Gabrielle asks to "pet him", she alternates between ignoring him and being fascinated that he has two ears, feet, etc... She of course has been whiny and clingy, which always comes at times when I want to do is rest. 


Madeline has decided that sleep is for babies. Her insomnia started several weeks ago, several nights a week she'd wake up between 12-1am, just wide awake. It wasn't a huge deal, I'd often be up with my insomnia, she'd watch one cartoon or so and then head back to bed. I tried melatonin with no success. Going to bed later, earlier, wearing her out during the day, nothing works. It got much worse right before Julian was born, now she has been up for at least 3 hours every night. Last night we had to start refusing to come downstairs with her anymore, she gets scared and wants Ryan or I to stay with her. We turned on all the lights downstairs and put on a movie and went back to bed. We just can't stay up like that night after night. We are tired and miserable and so is she. I'm at a loss as to what to do with her to get her to actually sleep. I have an appointment with her pedi to rule out anything medical, we couldn't get in until the 11th but I don't want to take her to anyone else. 


These pics are all from the day Julian was born, I'm too lazy to get up and get the other camera that has the most recent pics. 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

He is just beautiful! I hope Madeline is able to get some rest (and YOU too) very soon. It's so hard when they come up with something like that out of nowhere and nothing is working!