Sunday, February 8, 2009

random updates

Gabrielle is doing very well now. She only says once in a while that her "boo boo hurts", and we are down to giving her Ibuprofen maybe once a day, and no more codeine! Which is so nice because we had to battle constipation for several days because of it. She is slowly starting to use her left arm more and more. I'm still going to keep her close to home next week, I don't want her injuring it. 

I've been gathering my supplies for the birth. I alternate between being excited and terrified that in as soon as 8 weeks, I could have a newborn. The terrified part mostly is because of Gabrielle, she is sensing that change is around the corner and has been refusing to let me sleep any decent amount. I ordered a fishy pool for another water birth, and the supplies for the pool. I've been resisting ordering a birth kit though. I have some supplies leftover from Gabrielle's birth, and I don't have a problem ordering some things but the midwife supplied list includes items like gloves, things that I would have no use for if I didn't have a midwife. Just the list irks me and there is nothing out of the ordinary on it, but I don't like having to gather things for someone else. 

No comments: