Friday, March 6, 2009

no more incidents!

I think my family has met their quota of x-rays for a while. 4 in 5 weeks seems more then enough to me. The first two were for Gabrielle's clavicle then this week she went in for a chest x-ray due to a chronic cough she has had since early January (all clear by the way), and last was me yesterday for my foot. I managed to hit my right foot on an object injuring it enough that I can barely walk on it, not to mention that it hurts, a lot. It appears that I didn't break anything so now I'm just stuck hobbling around waiting for the swelling to go down. As if being 8 months pregnant already wasn't enough to screw with my center of gravity, not to mention all the extra weight I am carrying around, now this. We've been stuck at home since we got back from Denver because Gabrielle has had a nasty stomach bug the whole week, and now it appears she is getting a cold so I guess we still won't be doing anything for a while!


In other random news, Madeline has her first loose tooth! That surprised me, I wasn't expecting this yet. My baby is getting too big.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, honey! That just sucks! What's the deal?? Another blogger I read hurt her foot and had to have a walking cast for her last trimester! I hope you're somehow able to get your feet up and rest, and that both girls are back in top form soon.

Danielle said...

Yikes! So sorry to hear about your foot. My hips are killing me and as pregnant as I am, I cannot even imagine having to add a hurt foot onto the scenario! Hugs. I hope you heal swiftly. I found you on MDC and thought I'd stop by.

Skip and Dash said...

Thanks for the warm wishes! I didn't see a doc for the injury. We have a good friend and former neighbor that runs the x-ray dept at an ortho office, he did x-rays for me under the table. Nothing was obviously broken and I elected not to see a doc at that point. Which was fine because it is getting better. I was actually able to put on a pair of shoes yesterday and leave the house to get food which was huge!