Saturday, January 3, 2009

Madeline's party



We had Madeline's 6th B-Day party today. I started the day afraid that it would be a repeat of last year where it snowed and no one was able to come since once again we woke up to it snowing. It did snow all day but everyone was able to make it. Today was the happiest that I've seen Madeline in a long time. Even though her anxiety is manageable most days now, she always has some, she picks at her lips when she is  nervous now and I catch her doing it all the time. For several hours today, I didn't see her doing it once. I didn't have to walk to the bathroom with her because she was terrified or answer that no one would take her in the house or respond to questions for her because she was refusing to talk. It is days like today that make everything worth it. 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

My goodness! I blow off blogging altogether and you kick it into high gear!

Looks like you guys live in SW CO or something, with all that snow. ;)

And the girls look great! So happy Gabrielle's been healthy and that Madeline is making such noticeable improvements!