Sunday, January 18, 2009

an agreement has been reached

Regarding the birth of this baby. Ryan and I have been on opposite pages, which is nothing new, that is always the way it is. Not having an midwife is something that I've talked to him about for years, and no matter how much education I try or talking through his fears, the idea alone can almost give him a panic attack. He is fine with a home birth, we've been there done that so that is not scary to him anymore. 

I have been happy as a clam this pregnancy not seeing anyone. I loathe prenatals, always felt that they were a waste of my time. I refuse to do anything other then checking my blood pressure heart rate, listening to baby, and once in a while measuring is ok. Heck, I can do all that myself if I really wanted to, I don't feel the need to so I haven't. 

I met with a midwife this weekend that I first talked with last year because Ryan starting to get really antsy about not having a midwife. She is fine with me not doing prenatals and for a reduced fee, she'll just come and hang out for the birth. Yeah, I'd prefer not having anyone else here, but I do know that unless Ryan has someone here for him, he would drive me insane while in labor. A calm and relaxing person he is not! I can deal with this, it is just one extra person, she can keep Ryan away from me, because he really does annoy me when I'm in labor. I prefer to be alone anyway, and I have only have to do one prenatal for some type of record. 



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm happy you've come to an arrangement you can both live with! Jim is just the same way, without the benefit of having had a homebirth for an initiation. I think if we'd had that homebirth with Jack, he'd be totally fine with UC now, but since *he's* been happy with the hospital, it's a bigger jump for him. He swears up and down that if we get another chance, he'll do whatever I want, but I want him to be comfortable, not just smiling and nodding - then driving me insane. I hope if he's legitimately freaked out when/if that time comes, we can find someone like you've found!