Monday, August 31, 2009

we are in love

All of us, with Madeline's school. She loves it there! She actually got upset over the weekend because there was no school, never saw that one coming. Madeline did very well last week, she did vomit all in my car moments after picking her up the first day, from anxiety of that day I guess.


There are 12 students in her class, that is all the 1st and 2nd graders in the school. She is doing fine with the fact that only 2 of the 12 are girls, and the rest are boys. Ryan drops her off at 8:30am everyday, and I pick her up at 3pm. I have time today to blog because Ryan has two computers ready to install in her classroom so he was going to pick her up and do that.


Today was Pizza day, the 7th and 8th grade class order pizzas and serve the younger children. Every grade has their own day they spend outside, the older kids, spend days out instead of one day. So they might not go out for a couple weeks and then they take a 2-3 day backpack trip (how cool is that!), they fund those trips from Pizza day. Thursdays is hot lunch day where the parents take turns cooking for all the kids. The rest of the days, I'm having to get used to getting up really early and packing a lunch, yuck.


I can see Madeline staying at this school for a number of years, they go from preschool until 8th grade. It is such a warm, creative environment. We might pay extra for the next few years to have her go her and then to have her therapist come and work with her instead of going to the dyslexia school where everything is there but the focus is certainly more educational.


The Christian aspect of the school is very minimal. They have a weekly chapel time, where the Pastor comes in and tells a Bible story, which I'm fine with and that is it. I ended up knowing a number of parents and very few of them are religious, everyone just comes for all the wonderful programs/events the school does.




2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a school ANYone could love! I'm so happy it's working so well for Madeline - and for the rest of you as well. That's the second school I've wished I live closer to in the past month. Maybe after our next move, I'll shop around a little... just see what's out there before I completely close that door.

Lindsay said...

This school sounds AMAZING!!!! Its no mystery why you guys love it so much!!!!