Wednesday, June 3, 2009

too good to be true

I had the appointment today with other physiologist. After waiting for a while, I find out they failed to mention to me that this appointment was not with the doctor, he doesn't even see patients at that center. This was intake appointment for me to give them a small amount of personal history, less then 20 minutes, and then fill out paperwork to see if I could move on to the next step. Next week Ryan and I have to meet for an hour with the family assessment director. After that appointment then we get put on the waiting list for the doc. Nice, huh. 



I've been warned that this doc is med happy, I decided lying in bed last night that is not a bad thing. Madeline's sleep has slightly improved, but I'm started to see the old anxiety return. Julian had an upset tummy last night, I wasn't able to lay down with Madeline when she wanted to go to bed (usually I just go to bed at the same time as her), to say she was upset is an understatement. She cried and cried because I couldn't lay there and touch her foot. She was too scared to go to sleep. We've been dealing with her anxiety for over 10 months now. We've done months of therapy, spent thousands on it because our insurance refuses to cover it, there was no improvement with the therapy. What gave us the greatest improvement was the listening therapy we did at the Star Center. I have all the equipment for it, we had to buy it, so I'm going to start that up again. If we get offered medication for her anxiety though, I'm going to accept it. Madeline already has enough strikes against her, she deserves some bit of normal in her life. 

No comments: